1. Make sure you install the Guest Addition
Go to Device tab of your Virtual Box window, then click Install Guest Additions.
2. If you have problem in accessing the internet inside virtual box, then restart the guest OS.
3. To access the files of your Host OS, you don’t have to write the code again and again just make a executable fileName.sh file.
sudo mount -t vboxsf share /home/ananda/Desktop/from_windows
make sure you make it excitable. There are two ways to do that
chmod +x fileName.sh
or you can do it from the GUI
write click on the file that you want to make executable, then click properties.
Then select the Permissions tab after that put a tick on the Execute filed.
MAC OS X Lion (Host OS) and Ubuntu 11.04 (Guest OS).
1. Open VM and go to tab Devices -> Shared Folders
2. In the right hand side find the add folder button and click it
3. In the folder path filed select other and browse your folder that you want to share
4. Then then check Auto-mount and Make Permanent and hit ok
5. Shutdown the VM
6. Start the VM and create a folder like vbox in the Ubuntu Desktop
7. open the Terminal from ubuntu and write the following two commands
umask && id
sudo mount.vboxsf -o umask=xxx,gid=yyy,uid=zzz shared_folder-name_in_your_mac full_path_of_vbox_ubuntu
10. fill xxx = your umask, yyy = your gid, zzz = your uid
Hmm now check folder vbox 🙂